Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Felix Gets a Leica (or two)

I am a firm believer in the "You can't take it with you when you die" philosophy when it comes to the subject of money. And in that spirit, I went ahead and bought a Leica M3 with Summicron 50mm DR f/2 lens when one was listed on eBay for a fair price. It was $1300 USD with the lens included. The 50mm Summicron can sell for around $1000 USD by itself, so I figured it was a good bargain. 

I shelled out an additional $240 for a CLA (clean, lubricate and adjust) service because I wanted the camera in tip top shooting condition. Additionally, I spent $200 for a new bottom plate because the one it came with had a nice ding in it. The dent didn't affect the functionality but I wanted the camera looking as good as it shoots. I also purchased the near focus goggles, add another $200. 

Was it all worth it? I'd say so. It's extremely satisfying being the owner of a Leica M3.

Addictions being what they are, one Leica wasn't enough for me...


Leica M3 with Summicron 35mm f/2 lens


Leica M6 (left) and Leica M3 (right)


Leica M3 with Summicron 50mm f/2 Dual Range lens. Pictured with near focus goggles.


No comments:

Post a Comment