Monday, October 7, 2013

Meet the Wonderdogs

This is Cici, the one-eyed Shitzu which belongs to my niece Rachel. I had penned a couple of children's eBooks called The Adventures of Snappy Jack, last year and had wanted to write one about a group of dog friends called The Wonder Dogs, which includes this trio; Cici the One-Eyed Shitzu, my sister's dog Molly McBeasley, a Dachshund, and Chia, an American Staffordshire Terrior.

But as it turned out, my publishing partner said that the market for children's eBooks wasn't as strong as he initially thought and after several concepts from two different artists, I wasn't pleased with the my choices for artwork, so we shelved the idea. But I think I'm going to write the book anyway, just for fun and as my way of expressing my gratitude for all the happiness and joy that those 3 dogs and their owners have brought to my life.


Of all the initial artistic concepts this was the best.


Cici the One-Eyed Shitzu


Molly McBeasley


Cici


Chia


Molly and Cici together.

No comments:

Post a Comment