Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Dream Lens

Garvertron will tell you, I'm cheap. I almost always buy used from eBay. That holds true for lenses and cameras. But even I have my breaking point and though it pains me to open my wallet wide and empty it out, sometimes I just can't resist the temptation, this holds true when it comes to my gun collection and occasionally camera equipment. Although admittedly, it's easier to spend big on my guns than it is my camera gear.

Now when it comes to lenses, there is one fine lens that is tops on my wish list if I were to spend big money. Now I realize that compared to other lenses that are out there, this one isn't all that pricey, relatively speaking, still, for me and my cheap ass, it's on the top end of what I would spend.

It's the Sony 24-70mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar. I've seen it listed on eBay for anywhere from $1,100 all the way up to $1,549. If you're ready to plunk down $3,750 you can get it with a used Sony A99 (an excellent price).

Maybe someday I will be in possession of this beauty, until then, I'll just keep on dreaming...

Posted by: Mena Man



No comments:

Post a Comment